Galerie Koo respect the privacy rights of visitors to the Company’s website and of individuals who participate in, access or sign up to any of the Company's services, activities or online content (collectively referred to as "Services"). We endeavor to ensure that all our collection, transmission, storage and usage of personal data shall be carried out in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Cap 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("PDPO").
The term "personal data" shall have the meaning ascribed to it by PDPO.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected from you may be used by Galerie Koo for:
· identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
· enabling the provision of the Services to you
· conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
· processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
· order processing, billing and fulfilment
· direct marketing of the Services
· designing services for you
· conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
· customer profiling and analyzing your purchasing preferences
· provisioning of customer services
· handling your complaints and account enquiries
· improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences and troubleshoot problems
· fraud prevention and detection
· making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
· any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
We do not collect or process sensitive personal data such as race, ethnic origin, physical or mental health, political or philosophical views or sexual orientation. We will never sell, rent or exchange your details with any other organisation unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Types of personal data we may collect include:
1. identifying and contact information (for example, your name, address, age, date of birth, gender, and email address);
2. financial information (for example, credit or debit card details, including last 4 digits of credit card);
3. if you visit our website, register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, your username and password, IP address, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and the content you view);
4. other information with your consent or where required by law.
We collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of Galerie Koo’s products and services, to provide you with the products and services you request, as well as information on other products and services offered by us.
We will collect personal information directly from you.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLOSURE PERSONAL DATA
Galerie Koo does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for Galerie Koo to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for Galerie Koo to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong): Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organizations;
In order to properly conduct our activities, we may disclose or transfer personal information to other persons or organisations including:
2. parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitisation, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Galerie Koo or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction; and
3. other third parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY
Galerie Koo takes reasonable steps to:
1. make sure that the personal information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up to date;
2. protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
3. where permitted by law, destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes for which it was collected.
Galerie Koo’s credit card transactions are fulfilled by Stripe. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, Galerie Koo offers as standard secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to help prevent others from accessing it. Personal information is stored on servers that are protected by appropriate safeguards, and will be accessible by authorized employees and agents who require access in connection with their responsibilities. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
Unsolicited personal information
Galerie Koo don’t usually collect unsolicited personal information.
Where we receive unsolicited personal information, we’ll determine whether or not it would have been permissible to collect that personal information if it had been solicited.
If we determine that collection would not have been permissible, to the extent permitted by law, we’ll destroy or de-identify that personal information as soon as practicable.
Links to third party websites
Galerie Koo will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. However, on many occasions, we will not be able to do this. For example, we will need your address in order to deliver any products purchased through our website.
· recognize you whenever you visit this website
· obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet
· keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
· carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
· make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
· enable tighter security
If you would rather not have this information stored on your computer, you can configure your browser so it does not accept cookies. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to access all parts of this website, including the purchase section.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
7/F Vogue Building, 67 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
Galerie Koo will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable and will take reasonable steps to amend any of your personal information which is inaccurate or out of date. If we provide you with copies of any information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information as permitted by the PDPO.
Last Updated: 19 January, 2018